Deadline extended - January 12, 2004!
Have you made a film about issues facing your community? Have you made a digital story about your experiences?
Do you want to create positive change by getting your work seen?
YMDI.org, the first comprehensive Web portal for youth media distribution, wants to help you make sure your video makes a lasting impact. And to prove it we are going to have a contest for the best video or digital story about personal struggles and community issues.
Once selected by a jury, each See Change, Make Change media contest winner will
1) be awarded $1,000 for their distribution and outreach plan (one award for the best youth made film or video and one award for the best digital story)
2) have their work included in the fourth annual Media That Matters Film Festival
3) have their work broadcast to 11 million viewers via Free Speech TV
4) have their work featured in the festival’s national traveling exhibition and outreach campaign
5) have their work included in the festival DVD, 10,000 of which will be distributed around the country
6) have their work streamed online along with links so users can take action on the issues
7) have their work promoted in a national press campaign
8) have access to an outreach consultant from the MediaRights.org staff
9) be represented by MediaRights.org as a non-exclusive distributor, meaning that if we sell your work to television or on video/DVD you would make some more money!
All applicants will automatically get listed on YMDi.org!
Apply to See Change, Make Change, our youth media distribution contest
http://www.mediarights.org/ Media That Matters Film Festival
http://www.mediathatmattersfest.org/ digital story
http://www.ymdi.org/glossary/words/000996.php distribution and outreach
http://www.ymdi.org/toolkit/index.php Media That Matters Film Festival
http://www.mediathatmattersfest.org Free Speech TV
http://www.freespeech.org traveling exhibition and outreach campaign
http://www.mediathatmattersfest.org/mtm03/dvd.php outreach consultant
http://www.ymdi.org/glossary/words/001002.php MediaRights.org staff
http://www.mediarights.org/about/staff.php non-exclusive distributor
http://www.ymdi.org/glossary/words/001001.php Apply here
http://ymdi.org/forms/contest1.pcgi basic requirements